Friday, August 1, 2014

August 2014 Custard Calendar

When I pulled up this month's Shake Shack custard calendar, I sent an all-caps message to A which read, "GIANDUJA THURSDAYS!!!" If that doesn't show you that we're excited about (at least part of) this month's custard calendar, I'm not sure what will. It was such a nice surprise, as I usually expect to see that flavor only in the winter.

The line-up for this month (with our previous ratings) is:

Monday - strawberry cheesecake (7/10)
Tuesday - malted marshmallow milk chocolate (6/10)
Wednesday - apricot jam crumb (6.75/10 for apricot jam cookie, which I assume is the same)
Thursday - chocolate hazelnut (10/10)
Friday - blueberry lemon ricotta (new to us!)
Saturday - Boston cream pie (7/10)
Sunday - fromage blanc raspberry swirl (8/10)

I don't know why, but lately when we go to Shake Shack, the majority of the time they are sold out of the custard of the day. When I used to go after work before, I would regularly pick up a cup after 11:30pm with no issues. Now, we show up and even at 9pm, they're out. As a result, we got no custard last month at all. Are they just making less so that there's less waste and no more pint selling the next day? A bit disappointing sometimes when we can't try the flavors we want and it's not even closing time.

What that means is that we've got to make it there earlier to make sure we get enough chocolate hazelnut this month. So excited for that and also to try blueberry lemon ricotta!

No comments:

Post a Comment