Saturday, August 16, 2014

Blueberry Lemon Ricotta

We finally lucked out with trying a new flavor today at Shake Shack - the Friday flavor of blueberry lemon ricotta. We were hoping it would be good. After all, we are very fond of a previous August blueberry flavor (blueberry coffee cake).


M's thoughts:
My first thought was that this custard had a remarkable lack of color for a blueberry based custard. Eventually we did find a swirl of blue in the middle, but that was it. I didn't taste blueberry and I didn't taste lemon (not sure ricotta has a strong flavor). It pretty much just tasted like a vanilla custard, with slightly less strong of a vanilla flavor. A bit disappointing since I thought it would be full of fruit flavor.

A's thoughts:
Eh. That's about my thought on this one. There was barely any discernible flavor to this other than a hint of ricotta. The blueberry stripe was fairly flavorless, but I bit into a couple blueberry seed-like things so I guess there were real blueberries. I got no lemon flavor, though. All in all it was very vanilla.

Blueberry Lemon Ricotta
A's rating: 5/10
M's rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment