Friday, August 31, 2012

Apricot Jam Cookie

It's been difficult to find the inspiration to write, with all the other things that have been going on in our lives this summer, but we have two more custards to tell you about before the month is over.  First up: the Thursday custard - apricot jam cookie.


M's thoughts:
I thought this would be a lot like the raspberry linzer custard and in many ways it was. It was custard with apricot flavor and apricot syrup mixed up with pieces of shortbread cookies.  Since it's so similar to raspberry linzer, which I liked quite a bit, I thought I would like this more than I did. It was fine but I just didn't love it. Maybe I ate a big dinner and just wasn't interested in dessert. Maybe my lack of inspiration trickled into the custard. Maybe it's because I like raspberries better than apricots. I'm not sure but between the 2, I would pick the raspberry linzer. I do think this was a good effort though.

A's thoughts:
This wasn't that bad of a custard flavor. Shake Shack has done well with "cookie" flavors in the past, and both M and I were very interested in trying this flavor. I was a little disappointed in the end. The custard had a faint apricot flavor to it when paired with the apricot jam, and the cookies were nice, but something about this whole custard just seemed off. I can't really explain it, but I was less than enthused by the entire flavor overall. I wanted to like it more, but I just couldn't. It was a good flavor, but not great.

Apricot Jam Cookie
A's rating: 6.5/10
M's rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment