Friday, August 31, 2012

Heirloom Tomato

One of the most intriguing custards for August (and the last new one we tried this month) was heirloom tomato.

If you can't read what it says under Heirloom Tomato, it says "contains tree nuts"

M's thoughts:
It's hard for me to describe the heirloom tomato flavor.  The first spoonful tasted very much like a juicy tomato. It was like the tomato water that you get when you bite into a big watery tomato.  But the subsequent bites had more of that candied flavor, kind of similar to olive oil gelato/custard. I guess that happens sometimes when you turn savory flavors into sweet custards.  It wasn't bad but I don't know if I would run back for it again. I'm glad I tried it, but I'd rather have a real tomato!

A's thoughts:
This was an interesting flavor. It was definitely sweet at times, but it was really impressive when I got a taste of fresh tomato. It was almost like biting into a fresh tomato but with a very sweet, creamy finish. I certainly liked this more than M, and I kind of wish I could get more.

Heirloom Tomato
A's rating: 7.5/10
M's rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment