Friday, January 21, 2011

Boi Noodles Revisited

I've written previously about Boi Noodles. In the past I've focused mostly on getting their bahn mi. From time to time I've gotten their pho as well, but I was never a huge fan of their less than flavorful broth and lackluster noodles. However, on a cold day, they're a good fix.

So it was that on a cold day, I felt like getting some nice, warm pho. Boi had a daily special of Curry Meatball Noodle Soup. Along with the standard noodles there were curry meatballs and a curry broth. It sounded interesting, and I was intrigued by their advertised curry broth.

Curry Meatball Noodle Soup

A little miffed by this...

Notice anything wrong from that second picture? Yeah, this thing came with all of 2 meatballs. if you get the standard meatball pho, it comes with at least 4. This meal was not starting well. Maybe this special curry broth would be good.

The regular pho comes with a beef and chicken based broth. This broth was the exact same broth with whatever curry sauce the meatballs were cooked in soaked in. Sigh...

Was it warming? Of course. Was it worth the extra price for the "special" items? Not even close. Overall, it was disappointing, but it won't stop me from going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment