Friday, April 15, 2016

Fish'wich

I'm not sure what's going on over at Lenwich (formerly Lenny's), but lately I just haven't been as into their sandwiches as I used to be. I loved their crack jack turkey sandwich in the past, but then they raised the prices and added a new sauce that didn't enhance the flavors of the sandwich at all. I've tried to find a new favorite since (to me) that one isn't as good as it used to be, but so far nothing has stuck. I was hoping that maybe I'd find a new favorite in the fish'wich that I tried recently.


The fish'wich came on a brioche bun, and consisted of a crispy cod filet, cole slaw, kettle chips, pickle, lettuce, tomato, and tartar sauce for $8.99. I'm a big fan of fish sandwiches, but this one was just okay. The flavors were mostly mild, nothing really stood out in the batter for the fish, and all of the components separately tasted better (and more distinctive) than they did together. It was also a bit of a "tall" sandwich which made it hard to bite, and all the different parts came tumbling out instead of sticking together for a composed sandwich. Given the choice, I'd probably go for a filet-o-fish from McDonald's instead (although admittedly I'm a fan of the filet-o-fish, nostalgic pleasure), since the taste of the fish'wich I got wasn't really any better and it's double the price. Still searching for a new favorite...

No comments:

Post a Comment