Thursday, July 16, 2015

Blueberry Lemon Curd

Last week's custard at Shake Shack was blueberry lemon curd. This was the one we were most excited about trying this month, and we finally remembered to get it on the last day of its run when we were down in Battery Park City.


A's thoughts:
I enjoyed this flavor quite a bit. I could definitely taste the lemon curd, and the milder blueberry flavor managed to hold its own against the stronger, tart flavor of the lemon. The texture was also an interesting combination of the grittier blended blueberries and the smoothness and creaminess of the custard and lemon curd.


M's thoughts:
I was really excited for this custard since Shake Shack's blueberry coffee cake custard is one of my all-time favorites. This one was good, but that one is still better in my opinion. The first spoonful of this custard had a good mix of blueberry and lemon flavors. As I kept eating it, the blueberry got a bit milder, and most of the flavor was a general citrus flavor with a bit of sweetness. It was fine and I liked it, but I'm not sure if I need to get it again.

Blueberry Lemon Curd
A's rating: 7/10
M's rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment