Saturday, April 27, 2013

Grilled Chicken and Cheddar

I went over to Potbelly for a late lunch today, intending to get my usual turkey and provolone, when I encountered a sign advertising a new grilled chicken and cheddar sandwich.


I'm a sucker for new Potbelly sandwiches, like the Mediterranean I tried not long after it came out last year. So of course I tried the chicken and cheddar sandwich instead of my original plan. I like grilled chicken and cheddar cheese, and thought it would be a good combination on nice toasty bread.


This sandwich was okay. I got it on multigrain bread with my usual set of toppings (mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, oil, Italian seasoning). The grilled chicken, advertised as hand-sliced, was fine. The texture was good and it had a nice chicken flavor, but it didn't seem like the chicken was very seasoned. Although the cheddar cheese (advertised as aged cheddar) was clearly present, it also didn't have very strong flavor. I had been picturing thick and oozing slices of cheddar cheese, like a tuna melt, but that didn't really happen here. If you like grilled chicken, it's worth a try but I think I'll stick to my usual turkey, tuna or meatball in the future. I love those!

The Potbelly website claims there is also some new buffalo chicken sandwich with Frank's RedHot sauce, but I didn't see any signage for that. When (if?) I do, I think you can be sure that I'll check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment