Sunday, January 2, 2022

Week 37 - Shells

Clearly I didn't finish the posts for the 52 week cooking challenge for 2020 before the end of the year. I really tried, but December just got so unexpectedly busy. I did finish all the challenges though, even if I did do two of them on the last day of the year. Finishing these posts is priority #1, because otherwise it will get really confusing once I start posting for the 2021 challenge. Priority #2 will be finally telling the AtWCC story, because that is long overdue and at least half the posts were already written ages ago!

The Week 37 challenge theme was shells. This one was a little challenging for me, because I didn't really want to make shellfish with shells on, taco shells seemed too hard and crispy for a small toddler, and pasta shells just didn't feel that challenge-worthy. But in the end, I decided to go with some medium-sized pasta shells. because I do love the shape, pasta is an easy dinner to put together, and it still meant I was making a recipe new to us.


I made chicken fajita pasta using the recipe from Closet Cooking, and it turned out delicious. The ingredients were:
- 1 package of pasta shells
- olive oil
- 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 onion
- 3 bell peppers
- large spoonful of garlic
- 1.5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- shredded Mexican cheese


My arms were tired the day I made this, and I was kind of tired of stirring, so we ended up just putting the sour cream on top of our bowls and mixing it in ourselves. It did taste better with the sour cream than without, but it worked.


If I made this again, I would probably mix the entire thing together as intended, but for the challenge, it was good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment