Saturday, January 8, 2022

Week 26 - Folding

Remember the TikTok quesadilla that went viral last year? (I originally wrote earlier this year, but it's not 2021 anymore.) The one where you put something in each of the four quadrants and then folded it over to make the perfect quesadilla? Once that started appearing everywhere, so did variations on the quesadilla, including folded kimbap, which was what I decided to make for the folding challenge last summer.


I decided to make ours with sticky rice, sliced cucumbers, spam (which I think I cooked with a glaze similar to the one for spam musubi, but don't know for sure because this was back in July and I didn't take any notes), and some jarred kimchi.


I followed the same method for cutting and then folding the kimbap, but it didn't turn out that evenly spread out or photogenic. There were several bites of just seaweed or seaweed and one other ingredient. Once I got to the part where it was all together, it did taste good, but it wasn't quite as easy as I was expecting it to be. Honestly, I think I'd rather just throw all the ingredients over some rice in a bowl, and would probably do that instead of this folded version next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment