Monday, February 27, 2017

Raising the Bar

Product name: Trader Joe's Raises the Bar Chewy Granola Bar

Price: $2.79 for box of 5 bars


M's quick review: I was excited to try this because of all the good stuff in it - oats, millet, quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat - and hopeful that it would be a good replacement for the regular granola and cereal bars you find at the store. It was okay. I liked the texture - it reminded me of the chewiness of a rice krispie treat - but something about the taste, I didn't love. I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was, but I thought it was just okay as far as flavor.
Buy again? Probably not for me.


A's quick review: I didn't mind this bar. I figured it wouldn't taste exactly like all of the other granola bars, and it didn't. There was a hint of seed/nut flavor to the mix from the other ingredients, and that gave it a bit more of an earthy flavor. One annoying thing was that the chocolate chunks kept falling off. I don't know why that happened, but at least 3 of them just popped off as if they weren't really mixed in to form the bars. They aren't my favorite granola-ish bar, though, and I'd prefer getting the ones I like more.
Buy again? Not necessary for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment