Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Cilantro Jalapeño is a Winner

The last time we went to Costco, Hannah (makers of one of our favorite taboules) was having a roadshow spotlighting their Greek-style yogurt dips which they said were only available at Costco. They were sampling five different ones, and the question was never if we were going to get one, but which one we were going to get. Tomato basil? Chipotle? Garlic chive? Cilantro jalapeño? (There was also an olive tapenade, but that's not really my thing.) We tried all 4... and ended up getting 2. It was nearly impossible to narrow it down to 1, since they were all so good.

The cilantro jalapeño dip is the current accompaniment to my carrot snacks, and it's one of the more unique dips I've had since it's not spinach, garlic or chive based. (I'm a sucker for those dips.)


The dip is creamy but not as heavy as regular dip since it's yogurt-based (but not solely yogurt). There is definitely a little bit of a kick from the jalapeño which is refreshing. It's about 60 calories for 2 tbsp, so it's not awful for you either.


I'm really enjoying this cilantro jalapeño dip, but it comes in a gigantic 24 ounce tub, so I hope it doesn't go bad before we can finish it. After that, it will be on to a more traditional garlic chive. I'm not sure which one we'll like better. We couldn't decide at the store when trying them one after the other, so I'm not sure we'll be able to pick a favorite now!

No comments:

Post a Comment