Friday, August 30, 2013

Blueberry Sweet Corn

One custard we definitely wanted to try from this month's calendar was blueberry sweet corn. We've liked blueberry custards at Shake Shack before (like blueberry coffee cake) and wanted to see if this would join the ranks of our favorites.


M's thoughts:
Unlike the sweet corn custard we had before which tasted like vanilla, this one actually had a very noticeable flavor of corn. The blueberry flavor was also very present. So no complaints about whether the custard actually tasted like blueberry and sweet corn - it did. However, I'm just not sure if I like the combination of blueberry and sweet corn together. I think if you do, it's a good custard, but I'm ambivalent. It's well done though.

A's thoughts:
This was an odd flavor. I liked the corn flavor as it was much stronger than the corn flavor they had before, and I liked the blueberry swirl they added as it looked to have actual blueberries in it. However, corn and blueberry don't really go together as flavors in my opinion. In the end I don't think it worked, but I really hope that they bring them back individually.

Blueberry Sweet Corn
A's rating: 6/10
M's rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment