Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Fig Bites

Product: Fig Bites made with Turkish Figs

Price: $1.99 for 10 oz package (18 pieces; they sold some smaller packages at one point)


Quick review: I've liked Fig Newtons since I was a kid, and lately we've been buying Costco boxes of fig bars (which used to come in fig flavor, but now appear to only come in apple cinnamon, blueberry, and raspberry flavors), so we were curious how the TJ's version would stack up against the others. They were a little different. They seemed "stickier" than the others, and the cookie part was much more soft. That meant that the cookie then didn't really provide much contrast with the fig portion, and it was all a soft, sticky block. The cookies also had a habit of squishing/breaking apart when you first tried pulling them out of the plastic packaging. I didn't love them when I first tried them, but they grew on me the more I ate. I think A liked them more than I did, but we both still prefer the Costco ones overall.


Buy Again? Maybe, maybe not. They're not bad, but not our favorite fig bars/cookies ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment