Monday, June 11, 2012

Crisp Authentic

The menu at Crisp has undergone plenty of changes since I first started going, but one constant is that they always have filling, flavorful falafel sandwiches.  My favorite is the Africa, but I've also tried the Mexican, the Casablanca, the Parisian, the Athenian and maybe some other combinations that I can't remember and they no longer have (and most of which I haven't written about).  Even though I tried all those varieties, the one I never tried was the Crisp Authentic, the most "traditional" of all of the falafel options.  Last week, Crisp ran a rainy day coupon special (side note: you should be on their mailing list because there are great coupon opportunities) and offered the Crisp Authentic for $5 (usually $6.95).  That was all the incentive I needed to finally order the Authentic.


The Crisp Authentic has falafel, hummus, Israeli salad (tomatoes and cucumbers), greens and cabbage salad.  It's a refreshing and light combination because of all the water-filled vegetable toppings.  Mixed with hummus and the usual tasty falafel, it's a solid sandwich.  I don't think it will displace the Africa but I would get the Authentic again, mostly because it's so refreshing - perfect for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment