Friday, March 25, 2011

Chicken Chili

Since the free French food wasn't enough for lunch, I went over to the Hale and Hearty near work and picked up some soup. I was trying to decide between the Rhode Island clam chowder and the chicken chili, which I had tried once before and really liked. I tried the clam chowder but didn't like it that much. I can't pinpoint why, and it's strange since I usually love clam chowder. It wasn't bad but I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would. So, it was an easy decision - chicken chili!


I liked the chicken chili but not as much as my sampling from the other visit, because I think it might be better in small doses. Chili generally is high in sodium. This comes on top of rice, but I asked them for just a little rice because I really like chili. But I think it might have benefited from more rice to soak up the chili. Instead, the only thing to soak up most of the chili was chili, and it got a little overwhelming and salty. I also should have gotten a smaller size. I guess the potatoes au gratin filled me up more than I thought it did. Of course the lack of rice and too much chili is entirely my fault, but you live, you learn.

The chili itself still has a good flavor, but I think next time I'll stick to getting it in a small size (with rice) as part of a combo instead of a large size on its own. I do still encourage you to try it though. It's a good soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment