Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Week 34 - Peaches

Peaches sounds like an easy challenge, but I had a tough time with this one. I didn't want to buy actual peaches, because I sometimes get a contact allergy to the skin, so I wasn't sure of the best way to go. Peach jam? Canned peaches? Honestly, I just wasn't feeling very inspired when it came time to plan this one. Eventually I settled on using the peach fruit cups we already had, because why buy something new for a challenge you don't even really want to do?


I ended up making a peach salsa with the peach fruit cups, some Roma tomatoes, a big green pepper, half a red onion, a big pile of cilantro, and some lime juice. Fair amount of prep, but easy to do. We ate it with some cheeseburgers and bagels (I know, not the combination you were expecting), and it worked for a summer dinner.


The salsa itself was fine. It didn't have much peach flavor, but they weren't fresh peaches and there wasn't that much peach compared to some of the other flavors. I probably wouldn't make it again (at least, not like this).

No comments:

Post a Comment