Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Fior Delle Alpi

The March cheese at Trader Joe's is Fior Delle Alpi, or "Flower of the Alps." A raw milk cheese from the Swiss Alps, Trader Joe's in their post called the flavor "intense" due to the herbs consumed by the cows, as well as rich and bold with "a fairly sweet finish with a smooth, slightly firm texture."


M's review: I didn't like this as much as some of the other recent cheeses, maybe because it was stronger in flavor than those. I, of course, don't have the words to describe in what way it was a stronger flavor, but it was noticeable. The texture was fine, pretty firm, but the taste was not my favorite.
Score: 5/10


A's review: I liked this cheese a lot. As previously noted I don't mind the stinkier cheeses that we've had in the past. This cheese had a bit more funk than the others we've had of late from Trader Joe's, and that was just fine with me. It was also relatively firm, and it was a good overall cheese.
Score: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment