Monday, May 18, 2015

Saigon Baguette "Saigon Hero"

Sorry for not posting for a while, but M and I have been a little busy. For my first day back, I wanted something a little healthier. You'll understand why as we post more and more from our trip. I figured that I should avoid the salad places since everyone gets salad on Mondays to try and detox from whatever weekend activities. What I did want was vegetables so the pickled carrots, cucumbers, and radishes felt like the perfect thing to bridge me from vacation to real-life eating.


So today at Saigon Baguette I ordered their "Saigon Hero". From their website they note that it contains "Five spice braised pork belly, pate" along with the aforementioned vegetables and cilantro. The pork was soft and tender and had a nice, rich flavor to it. The bread was a touch too toasted, but it was still good. I didn't get any hints of the pate, though, and I wonder if that's due to the braised pork belly being so flavorful. Either way, this was a good sandwich that at least felt healthy in my bid to get back to eating better.

No comments:

Post a Comment