Monday, April 6, 2015

Disappointing Eggplant

I hadn't had a bad lunch from Hunan Manor yet, but I knew at some point it would probably happen. Unfortunately, today was that day. I'm a fan of eggplant in garlic sauce so I figured maybe I'd give the Eggplant with Minced Pork Garlic Sauce a try. I also changed things up and got a vegetable spring roll instead of my regular hot and sour soup.



This spring roll was really greasy. I mean, yes, it's fried, but as soon as I touched it to bring it out of the package my fingers were just dripping with oil. After I finished eating it I found that there was a little puddle of oil sitting on the bag. The spring roll itself was also rather bland. I think I'll just stick to hot and sour soup moving forward.


The eggplant sure looked good when I opened it up, but that's sort of where it all ended. That's not to say this was a horrible, inedible dish, but it just wasn't that great. The eggplant and minced pork were put together with red peppers, scallions, garlic, ginger, sliced green chilis, and sliced dried red chilis. The issue I had with this dish was the the sauce was too sweet. It wasn't cloying or purely sugar-filled, but overall it was just too sweet. This isn't going to stop me from going back, obviously, but I'm certainly not going to get the eggplant dish or vegetable spring roll again.

No comments:

Post a Comment