Sunday, October 27, 2013

Southwest Chicken

I'm not sure if Greenleaf's Grill is a chain in a lot of food courts or only a few, but I found myself there for lunch with my mom recently and decided to try one of their "specialty sandwiches."


The Southwest Chicken sandwich had pieces of chicken, cheddar cheese, and fresh salsa (tomato-onion pico de gallo) grilled fresh inside ciabatta bread. It reminded me of a thicker version of a panini (sorry, pressata) that I used to get at Europa way too often during work.


The sandwich was pretty good. I liked that it was grilled fresh after we ordered it. The lady behind the counter tried to warn me that it was really spicy, but I didn't think it was that spicy. After all, there weren't really any hot peppers in the salsa, just a little bit of spice. The chicken seemed like maybe it had some mesquite flavoring on it (since it's supposed to be "southwestern"), but that wasn't super spicy either.


If I had to choose three words to describe the sandwich, I would probably pick zesty, filling and balanced. I liked that there was lots of salsa to balance out the bread and the chicken, and the sandwich was definitely enough for me for lunch. I would get this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment