Friday, November 18, 2022

Week 10 - No Recipe

One of the things I love the most about the 52 week cooking challenge is the way it gets me to try new things, usually by following a new recipe. What was I going to do if I couldn't rely on a recipe for Week 10?


Many years ago, before I started learning how to cook more and before it was easy to find recipes for anything on the internet, one of the things I often made without a recipe/cookbook was turkey burgers. I decided to revisit that for this challenge, and hopefully bring in different ingredients and flavors that I've picked up over the years.


This turkey burger had an eggplant-yogurt sauce inspired by baba ghanoush. The patty included carrots and scallions because we had them in the fridge, and instead of bread crumbs, I used some of the koftelik bulgur I had left from the Turkish challenge (which I will post about at some point...). Turned out well, and would make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment