Monday, December 28, 2020

Week 40 - Local Specialty

One of the great things about NYC eating is that you can try food from so many different cultures and regions of the world. So what would be considered a local specialty? I had already done street cart-style chicken and rice for a previous challenge, and nothing else came to mind at first besides pizza and hot dogs, neither of which I really wanted to do. After thinking on it for a bit, I decided on lox, eggs, and diner-style potatoes. I would have done salmon, eggs, and a bagel, but then there wouldn't have been any vegetables for dinner.


Not much to say about this one, as it was smoked salmon out of the package, scrambled Just Egg out of the container (if I've never mentioned it before, Just Egg is absolutely amazing, with the texture and feel of real eggs, and I'm so thankful it exists so that B can have scrambled eggs without actual eggs), and roasted potatoes with peppers and onions. It is representative of a local specialty though, and it made B happy because smoked salmon is one of his favorite things to eat. My estimate for the cost of this meal was somewhere around $15, but for dinner for three, that's more affordable than it would be getting this local specialty in a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment