Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Week 39 - Dipping

Back in September, I started doing a lot of Yelp virtual events, many of which were cooking classes. Around the time of the Week 39 challenge on dipping, I made a bunch of things that could have qualified for this challenge, which people seemed to interpret as being about both dips and things that could be dipped. I made some pretzels for the first time, but I wanted to do something with more of an actual dip than a jazzed-up mustard, so I didn't pick that one.


Instead, for the challenge, I'm counting this pico de gallo that I made for an event where we learned how to make Mexican-style tortas (which were amazing). Despite pico being pretty easy to make, I'm not sure I've actually ever done it before (other than a Rotel version). Chopped tomatoes, red onions, and a lot of cilantro, plus some fresh squeezed lime juice, which then sits for about 15 minutes to come together, and that's it. So much fresher than buying a store-prepared container, although that does save time.


This is the type of snack I often crave, so I wish this would keep longer so I could always have some in the fridge for a light bite. Would definitely make again!

No comments:

Post a Comment