Friday, May 4, 2012

Rice Platters

I haven't been able to make it over to Big D's Grub Truck for awhile, so today was the first time I got to try the rice platters, one of the new(er) additions to the menu.


Like the tacos and grinders, the rice platters are available with bulgogi, spicy pork, ginger chicken, or spicy chicken.  On my last few visits, I had been getting the spicy pork grinder so I decided to go with the spicy pork rice platter.  The rice platter was very similar to the grinder except there was rice instead of bread and the rice platter included a side of kimchi.  They both have daikon, carrots and cucumbers, which is great since they are healthy and refreshing.

I really liked the rice platter.  It wasn't white rice like I was expecting but it looked orange and I'm guessing it was slightly flavored.  The raw vegetables mixed well with the flavorful spicy kimchi (both the side and the topping to the pork) and the sweet and spicy tender pork pieces.  It's slightly more expensive than a grinder (although I used LevelUp and had a credit so it came out to the same price) but it's worth it.  I would definitely get this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment