Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pink Venus

To start off the meal at Catch, I scanned the cocktail menu. I usually gravitate toward fruit-flavored drinks and was deciding between the Pink Venus and the Iris (a vodka-grapefruit-honey-mint drink).


The Pink Venus cocktail consists of black sesame infused Beefeater gin, orange blossom water, lemon and strawberries. I usually prefer vodka to gin, but the black sesame made this cocktail sound so unique.

The scent of the cocktail was really, really familiar. I think it smelled like some sort of candy, but I can't really put my finger on what the exact scent is. But it was very sweet.


The cocktail was good, but I don't know if I would get it again. It had a very interesting flavor. You could definitely taste the black sesame. On top of that, there was a lot of citrus flavor (although I couldn't really taste orange or lemon separately) and a sweet berry flavor (more just the sweetness and less of a strong strawberry flavor). There was some pulp from the fruit, which was nice. I love black sesame so I'm glad I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment