Monday, October 24, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

There has been a lot of soup in our diets lately. I have had soup every day since we returned from Florida (6 days in a row) and some form of chicken soup for the past 3 days. I am trying to cure my illness and all this soup puts me in a good place for a chicken soup comparison. This soup, from Comfort Diner on Staten Island, has been my favorite from the past few days (although I think the oyster crackers are better at Hale & Hearty):


A closer look at the soup:


Large chunks of chicken, carrots, celery and onions with thin noodles in chicken broth. It's not very different in terms of ingredients from other soups but we loved the flavor. You could taste all of the ingredients and it tasted like they didn't add much salt at all, which is great. I love soups that really bring out the flavor of their ingredients instead of some other added flavor. I also loved the cilantro topping to the soup since it added a nice herbal flavor that makes you really hope that the soup is working to cure your illness! The vegetables were also stewed just right, unlike one of the other soups I had this week where the carrots were still crunchy.

I could go for some more of this tomorrow but it's too far away. We do have some rotisserie chicken soup from Costco in the fridge to try to work its magic. I really do seem to be on a chicken soup diet...

No comments:

Post a Comment