Friday, September 16, 2011

Bob and Jo

This week I tried the Bob & Jo truck for the first time. Specializing in Korean fusion cuisine, the truck serves up sandwiches, rice platters and a couple of vegetarian options (bibimbop and japchae).

The menu board

There was a very short line to order when I got there and a bunch of people waiting for food. It didn't seem like anyone waited an exceptionally long time, and while waiting, I got to take in the truck's awesome design and listen to the music they had playing.

The truck

Taking orders and serving up food

I got the chicken rice platter, which came with chicken marinated in hot and spicy sauce over seasoned rice (by seasoned, I think they meant rice with vegetables mixed in), with sides of fresh salad, sliced radish and carrot, kimchi, and their special sauce:


I liked it. The best part of it was the chicken, which had fantastic flavor. It reminded me of how Bapcha used to be (I haven't been back since that last time, but maybe they've recovered). I would go for the chicken again!

No comments:

Post a Comment