Friday, February 18, 2011

Tuscan Chicken

Today the weather was gorgeous (almost 60 degrees at lunch!), but earlier this week, it was cold and definitely soup weather. I wasn't looking for a huge lunch since I ate a lot of Cheerios (I may be addicted), so I headed over to Hale and Hearty.

Cute mini-dachshund!

I usually go for the half sandwich + small soup combo. For the sandwich, I got the sundried tomato chicken, which I really like for the soft ciabatta (why isn't all ciabatta that way?) and the creamy mozzarella. I've written about this sandwich before, so I won't dwell on this too much.


One thing I like about H&H is that they let you try the soups before you get them. Saves you the trouble of buying one and finding out that it's really not your thing. Usually I'll end up going with one of the ones I've tried, but not always.

This time, I got the Tuscan chicken soup.


It came with chicken (obviously), a bunch of vegetables (I don't remember everything from the ingredient card, but there was celery, carrots, parsnips, white turnips, etc.), lemon juice (there was a distinct lemony flavor) and farro. That's another thing I like about H&H - if you want to know what's in a soup, they'll give you the ingredient card. Good for avoiding food allergies. And it's all natural.

I usually go to the H&H closest to the office but on this day I decided I needed a walk even though it was cold, so I went to a different branch (actually, the one closer to A's office). It's always interesting checking out different branches of a chain. This one had an express service area near the front with prepackaged soups. Maybe that's just new to all of them but I don't know if I've seen it before. Good if you're in a rush.

I recommend the Tuscan chicken soup if you want something healthy and tasty. Sometimes I get bored with chicken noodle soup so this is a good one to change it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment