Monday, May 9, 2022

Kidney Bean Curry

I wrote at least part of almost every single post about our exploration through Afghanistan back in 2020 except for this one. The second dish we tried was a kidney bean curry since we had gotten a variety of curries during our orders from Ariana and they were all delicious. I have no idea what recipe I followed or what adaptations I made because I didn't take any notes. I don't even know exactly what went into the curry because I didn't take an ingredients picture.

Edit (May 2023): I found my notes for this dish! Apparently the curry included 2 cans of kidney beans, onion, garlic, zucchini, mint, ground coriander, turmeric, ground cumin, and tomato sauce. I still don't remember much about this, but at least it's no longer a mystery as to what was in it.


What I do remember is that we thought the curry was fine, but not very memorable. It had nice flavors, but was also kind of boring. That's probably reflected by the fact that I never wrote about it and remember nothing about it almost two years later. I would have skipped this post entirely since I don't remember anything, but it was our second dish for the AtWCC and I want to record it all.

I remember our next stop a little better - making the bolani, which was also for the 52 week cooking challenge - which was fine but also a little disappointing. I had made all three of our Afghan dishes for the challenge three days in a row, jumping straight into the challenge, and I thought I was done there, but the challenge was going to take another turn...

No comments:

Post a Comment