Thursday, July 29, 2021

Week 5 - Whole Spices

Challenge week: 5
Theme: Whole spices


What I made: Coconut chickpea curry, but since I made it in the beginning of February and decided while making dinner that it should count for whole spices because I was using them (whole cloves and cardamom pods, didn't actually use the cinnamon sticks in the picture), I don't really have any notes and am not 100% sure what recipe I was using as a starting point. (This is also why I should write things more timely!)


Challenge quick review: I do remember that we really liked this coconut chickpea curry and that I wanted to make it again, so I probably should have taken better notes on what I did. It's possible I have a handwritten note about it somewhere on my desk, so if I find something, I'll update it here. It was really hard to figure out what to do for this challenge that would "spotlight" whole spices, but I ended up deciding that putting them in curry was good enough. I've actually used whole spices plenty of times since then, mostly because we don't have non-whole cloves or cardamom, and one tip would be to make sure you find them before you serve the meal. Luckily, I was the one who crunched into the cardamom pod, but that's my takeaway from week 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment