Monday, December 28, 2015

Fusilli with Vegetables and Basil Pesto

When I first started picking up lunch from Trader Joe's, one of my favorite things to get was this fusilli with vegetables and basil pesto ($1.99) from the frozen section. It reminded me of some of the quick boxed pasta lunches my mom and I used to eat when I was home during summers, and for all I know, they could be made by the same company. Trader Joe's has an entire line of these microwave pastas in boxes, and they are so easy to make. 4 to 5 minutes in the microwave, then you pull off the cover and it's ready. Doesn't get much easier than that.


The fusilli is one of my favorites in this line, mostly because it has so many vegetables in it. There's zucchini, cherry tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, and onions, along with a basil pesto. Even though it comes out of the frozen section and the microwave, the vegetables and pesto give it a fresh and healthy flavor. The texture of the pasta is also pretty good for a microwaved box. Perfect for lunch.

Buy Again? Of course. I hadn't gotten it in a while, but picked one up during post-Christmas shopping for today's lunch, and was reminded of just how much I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment