Saturday, January 11, 2014

Arugula, Rotini and Goat Cheese

It felt warmer and more spring-like today (although the Weather Channel is telling me the high only hit 37 degrees and that was hours after the sun went down), which was perfect timing since I was planning to make a pasta salad for dinner. I wanted to make sure we used up the goat cheese and the rest of our red onion before next week, and this recipe from Martha Stewart was exactly what I had in mind. I picked up some arugula from Trader Joe's this afternoon to complete the meal, as we already had everything else.

Pasta salad ingredients

We liked this pasta salad recipe and it was really simple to put together. Not doing a full recipe review here; just chiming in to recommend it if you're looking for a recipe for a quick and easy pasta salad.

What is your favorite color for vegetable pasta? I love green

The salad was so colorful between our Ronzoni vegetable pasta, the vibrant green arugula and the slices of red onion. I definitely added more oil, vinegar, salt and pepper than the recipe called for, but that's personal preference. It still felt really healthy.

The finished pasta salad

The one thing I can't figure out is how 3/4 lb of pasta and 8 oz of arugula could lead to a pasta salad that looks like the one on the Martha Stewart site. I used 3/4 lb of pasta (one box) and 7 oz of arugula and the salad was just dominated by arugula. In theirs, the arugula played a more minor role. We didn't mind it though as we love arugula salads and this was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment