Saturday, July 7, 2012

Beer Nuts

One of the more intriguing custards this month was beer nuts, a custard made with Brooklyn Brewery's ShackMeister Ale and pecans.


M's thoughts:
What an odd flavor.  It was basically a beer-flavored custard with pecans mixed in.  It just tasted really strange and I learned that I wasn't a huge fan of beer in custard form.  It didn't taste bad, but just isn't a flavor I would say that I liked.

A's thoughts:
I really like ice cream/custard, and I really like beer. I do know that, from previous experiences, mixing ice cream and beer doesn't really work very well. This reminded me of that. There's something a little off-putting about sweet, creamy, frothy, vanilla-flavored beer. It was just such an odd mix of flavors and textures, that I really never found myself enjoying it. The sweet pecans were nice, but they certainly weren't enough to overcome the odd mix of flavors of the custard itself.

Beer Nuts
A's rating: 4/10
M's rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment